Clear All
  • Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
    No. You trade for MJD if you are missing that one piece that can help you win a Super Bowl. He's got a large base salary and is in the last year of his contract. The cap hit to trade Mathews as well as take on MJD's makes it an impossible trade.
    this.
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

One point about running in todays nfl. Very seldome do you see teams in games run the ball three or more times in a row. Unless its obvious sircumstances. Its harder to run for 1st downs today than ever before. Build a team that can sucseed that way with a QB like Rivers and points become less relivent to the game clock. I like the recent running game short term commitmet we have shown recently.
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Why trade for old expensive hourse piss unless we wouldnt get him on waivers?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
          but on a team that people keep bitching about as needing as many picks as it can get because its devoid of talent, those picks still matter and count. we also traded away a draft pick for Te'o.
          Mostly me (doing the bitching). And most of THAT stems from the way this organization has chosen to roll, i.e., through the Draft. You start trading away picks (we're down to 6 already in '14), you had BETTER get as close to a sure-fire player as there is in Free Agency.

I noticed that Ben Tate's name was in the article, too, although in relation to the Cowboys. I'd much rather have Tate, particularly if you can get some sort of confidence level in re-signing him after this season. He just turned 25, and he missed his rookie season, so he is just about to have his 4-5 best seasons, potentially. Texas is imploding; that embarrassing loss to the Rams, plus Schaub's injury, puts them in an Atlanta Falcon-sized pickle. Tate is playing 2nd-fiddle to Arian Foster and would love to get top money as the top guy, I'm sure. But...he's probably gonna cost big; in a trade, now, or as a FA next year.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Mostly me (doing the bitching). And most of THAT stems from the way this organization has chosen to roll, i.e., through the Draft. You start trading away picks (we're down to 6 already in '14), you had BETTER get as close to a sure-fire player as there is in Free Agency.

I noticed that Ben Tate's name was in the article, too, although in relation to the Cowboys. I'd much rather have Tate, particularly if you can get some sort of confidence level in re-signing him after this season. He just turned 25, and he missed his rookie season, so he is just about to have his 4-5 best seasons, potentially. Texas is imploding; that embarrassing loss to the Rams, plus Schaub's injury, puts them in an Atlanta Falcon-sized pickle. Tate is playing 2nd-fiddle to Arian Foster and would love to get top money as the top guy, I'm sure. But...he's probably gonna cost big; in a trade, now, or as a FA next year.
            You do realize the article was written by a message board nobody?
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              You do realize the article was written by a message board nobody?
              I do now. But it is fun to discuss, nonetheless. I realize none of it will happen.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

no.

Comment

Working...
                X